View Single Post

Old 03-17-2011, 02:47 PM

Liked 351 Times in 243 Posts

Wow, a website that takes assorted, biased opinions and makes them seem legitimate. I won't say anymore because they might have quoted me somewhere, but I wouldn't bet my life on their information.

The sizing die would be the one that deprimes too. Look in the botom of the die and check to see if it has a gold or brass toned ring at the bottom edge.

Just put enough flare to start the bullet with the second die.

Go to your link and look at the pictures of the sample bullets, the two factory and the handloaded one. The two factory bullets are the way they should be, there was a good taper crimp on the case and you can see where the mouth of the case made a ring around the bullet. The handloaded round appears to have been roll crimped, which some standard dies will do if adjusted to do so while others can't do it at all. You want to add some crimp to it, neck tension isn't enough. You won't be able to see it as it's not a roll crimp, you need the lip of the case mouth for headspacing so make sure there is a definate edge there. If you are having a hard time getting the idea there was a good post by one person that said to measure the case mouth before you crimp, then carefully adjust your die to make the case mouth about .002" smaller.

If you sized the brass right the first time, as in there were no problems to feed, you shouldn't need to remove the primers or size again. Pull the bullets, dump the powder and refill to what you want then seat a new bullet.

Last edited by Jellybean; 03-17-2011 at 02:49 PM.