View Single Post

Old 03-19-2011, 10:02 AM

Liked 98 Times in 56 Posts

nothing new could possibly be discussed here but I just wish those that preach that there is nothing wrong with the newer guns(and I agree, I think my 686-6 has the best trigger of any smith I own), could understand that the real issue of many is just the appearance of the lock and the whole reasoning for it's origin. that what just drives me nuts. that one of the best gun makers ever caved in to that nonsense. that's all it is for me.

now let me veer off course sort of and ask a question.

since many of you know I just ordered the no-lock 442 but I was noticing on the locked version there seems to be another hole or mark of some sort just to the right of the "hole". I looked at some on gunbroker and so wondering what in the heck is that? is that just a photo problem? doesn't look like a hole per say, more like someone just knicked it maybe. I have seen this on several pictures. well on second look I think it does look like another hole. I would post a link to a gunbroker ad but I don't want the mods to get upset or give the impression I am sabatouging someone's auction. just do a gunbroker search for 442 and you will see some examples if as interested as I am. I don't think I have seen this in the stores, I would have remembered that.