Thread: First squib
View Single Post

Old 03-20-2011, 02:23 AM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptdco View Post
...it's like living in the 100 year flood plane. If you get washed away on Monday the odds are that you are OK for the next century, but you might get washed away again next monday.
Thanks.
(no squib yet)

Reading posts like this reinforces to me how critical sequence and cadence are, and NO interruptions. I don't allow myself to goof with or adjust anything while I'm reloading; rhythm is king. It also helps to place the finished loads in a 50-round plastic rack that come in the factory boxes, salvaged from the trash at the range. Plus my Lyman 1200 has a round counter, which I check against the loaded rack on every round. I use my Dillon 450 semi-progressively, so this works for me. I also take a break after every 50 rounds.

Though I do all these things, I still had the nagging suspicion that I'd done something wrong not long ago, so I weighed the whole 100 rounds, pulled the 3 lightest and 3 heaviest and whacked them apart with the kinetic puller, then weighed the powder in each one. They were all fine- but not because I was confident that I could tell by weighing them, as was posted a couple times above.