View Single Post

Old 03-21-2011, 04:52 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 2,181 Times in 645 Posts

Mark ,Ive never shot the sig 9 competition guns. But Ive shot and own the S&W guns 5906 PPC guns and the 4-5 " service or IDPA models.All of these guns shoot 1" or less (once you determine the ammo) at 25 yrds and 2" give or take at 50 , the older guns seem to like the lighter bullets and the newer ones like 147 gr. I think the PC changed the barrels to accomodate the more popular 147 gr and the like later on. These are high cap guns that were originally for overseas but lots of guys got them as Target Champions with bomar type sights the ppc type all had aristocrate 3 positition so you may not want one. These do come up form sale fairly often especially 5".The 952 are the same gun in a single stack model 39 type frame Im sure they shoot the same. The deciding fact for me is price and service versus the sig or having a 1911 9mm custom amde by a builder. Have several of them they shoot the same as the Smiths just alot more to clean.Little heavier up front due to bull barrels and tungsten guide rods and the like but alot more money.For my 15 plus years of shooting 9s in ppc (which is purely an accuracy game)you cant beat the Smiths for price ,reliability,service.They are simply a shooting machine. I think right now there is a 6" for sale for around 1200/1300 dollars thats a really good price for what you get. If not mistaken arent the sigs 2000 plus. Good luck Im sure others will chime in.Bob
The Following User Likes This Post: