View Single Post

Old 03-21-2011, 10:15 PM

Liked 248 Times in 127 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceapea View Post
Here's what most of the guys at my club do for PPC loads.
Either PD HBWC or Zero DEWC over 2.3gr B.E. or 2.4gr Titegroup.

I used to use the Titegroup load until I tried the Bullseye load. The BE groups were quite a bit better. I also found 2.8gr and 3.4gr of Unique to be nearly as good as the 2.3gr BE, with 3.0 and 3.2 Unique just a bit behind the 2.8gr load.
How’s that for confusing.
The veteran PPC shooters at my club (consistently in the 596-599 scores) use the 2.3gr BE load as well. Me, I’ve been shooting PPC for 4.5 months, I am just getting into the 588-590 range for "Combat" and 565-574 range for "Service"
Shot today as a matter of fact in Fenton, Mich. 565 service and 585 24X Combat. My best score to date (during practice of course) is 590 32X, followed by 3 588's in a row.
Well, went to the banquet last night, won a 4" Springfield Service XD 357 Mag! I missed out on a gun in the combat match, was 3 points too high again...got booted to the bottom of the next higher class. Same for my service class, only it was two points instead of three. But, at this particular match, they had an aggregate match score as well. This is the combined scores from both classes. I ended up high shot in the Master class and won the gun.
Now I just gotta decide if I can use a 357 Sig. I can't think of any real use. At $25-$30 a box, it's way too expensive to plink with or practice, even with reloading. I have never picked up 357 Sig brass...anywhere! I could always buy a 40 cal barrel for it, but then I'd have three of them, can't justify that either. Maybe I'll sell it and get a 45.
I almost traded it for a 5" XD9 while in line waiting to fill out the paperwork. But when the guy realized he won a 5" gun, he didn't want to.