View Single Post

Old 03-22-2011, 07:42 PM

Liked 3,122 Times in 776 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasman1972 View Post
Let me say thank you for all the replies first......Thank you.

Now let me clarify:

I'm no MIM hater myself and I've never personally seen a MIM part failure in a S&W or any other firearm. The reason I ask is because I have heard and do still hear some S&W purists claim they will not buy any new S&W's because of the MIM parts. Therefore I wondered if S&W had real issues with their MIM parts.

I personally think S&W still makes the best revolver available and have two newer models myself that even have the lock.

This thread was in no way an attack on S&W nor a bashing of MIM, it was simply out of curiosity. I should have worded my OP better and for that I apologize.
No need for apology imo, welcome to the crew !!!!!!!!

It's just that you've inadvertantly touched a nerve in those of us with the unmitigated GALL to purchase a newer Smith product. How dare we? You'll note the 6 billion paged sticky at the top of this section about the lock, the hole, the worst thing to happen on the planet since the Dems turned leftward, etc. It's all in fun (maybe not for some, to judge by some of the emotion in some of those posts ) hopefully.

Do we like it? Don't know of a person who says they do, at best it becomes a non issue that doesn't get in the way of some mighty fine shooting irons (shooting titaniums just doesn't "zing" does it?). Bet you that most regular posters in this section own and enjoy BOTH pre and post lock S&W's. As for me, sorry, the PC is turning out some MIGHTY fine revolvers these days an with the inclusion of "the Plug" and my poor eyesight, I can't see the hole anymore and hence don't fret about it. And Allen Frame is right though, that arrow is pretty goofy, I'll admit. Kind of like directions on shampoo.

Again, Welcome to The Crew.

(don't let it happen again)

Last edited by .357magger; 03-22-2011 at 07:44 PM.