View Single Post

Old 03-25-2011, 05:24 PM
US Veteran

Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

The trigger rebound spring and mainspring must be "balanced" for things to work right.

I used a Wilson Combat mainspring and Wilson 12# rebound spring in my 10-14 and it works perfectly.

I looked at the Bang Miculek set, but I don't have a gun that needs light springs right now. The ad says they are "balanced" to work in perfect unison for an ultra smooth stage free DA pull.

I had a stock mainspring and an 11# rebound spring in a 10-5 and the trigger would not return.

I also have a stock mainspring and the same 11# rebound spring in my Single Action Only Model 14, and the trigger "just" snaps back. It depends on the gun, if the action has been polished, etc. This 14 is highly tuned and there is less "resistance" in the action so I can get away with the lightest mainspring. A bone stock 10-5 did not like it, because the action had not been polished. I do not mind the weak return on a Single Action only target gun like my 14, since it is for range use only and I would never rely on it for defense.

All of my "range guns" have light rebound springs.......but ALL of the revolvers I use for CC or HD, if only occasionally, have stock rebound springs and stock mainsprings. If you use a revolver for defense that you may need to save your life one day, I strongly recommend keeping the springs stock. You don't want that trigger to fail to return when you are trying to stop a threat.