View Single Post

Old 03-25-2011, 09:43 PM

Liked 388 Times in 156 Posts

Keep buying the older ones to shoot, parts are hard to find now, a hammer rivet for the firing pins are far and few along with the firing pin. Barrels are hard to find and when you do they are $150 bucks for a worn out model. Every year it is getting harder to find stuff. The factory didn't have any extra hands for a 686, I found one at Brownells at a higher price. the parts for the 27-2 aren't being made anymore - when they are gone - they are gone. Think a little bit, what year is it for the cut off for free repairs ?????????? What models were built befor that are in trouble of being sent to the scrap yard because they can't be repaired. I have a target model 32-20 built in 1900 that less than 100 made, who has a barrel for it???????? Those that have one of 200 made that just wear then out makes the new one in my safe go up in price every year. the old ones should be a treasure item to hand down, but the kids won't want a worn out piece that they can't get parts for. Buy new and save the older ones for the great, great, grandson that will be in the laser age being able to shoot a 9mm 547 that you saved for him. Now that is being COOL. Sorry for the rant, keep on buying. BUY, BUY, BUY what you want, before they are gone .