View Single Post

Old 03-27-2011, 05:24 PM

Liked 3,024 Times in 950 Posts

I think with affordable guns prices vary across the country.

I have picked up some very nice 10s and paid good money for them. Like a 10-8 SB 4" HB with two piece box, docs and tools. I paid $400 for it, once polished up its almost perfect.

I also bought a 10-5 SB 4" taper barrel very traditional looking M10. It has a mark on on side of the barrel, quite small but noticeable. The rest of the blue is drop dead gorgeous one of the nicest I have. I paid $350, perhaps a bit to much, but its a nice piece and I am glad to have it even if I feel I paid $50 or $75 to much for it.

I also bought a M64 SB 4" DAO NY-1 gun. Most of the original frost finish is gone worn off or polished but looks really nice. It had Pachmayer grips that show use. I paid $200 or $250 for it, nice gun shows well and makes for a great conversations. I think it was a steal for the price. Oh it was traded in to the dealer by the original PO that carried it.

I dont mind paying a little bit more for something that I like and want. It will (hopefully) balance out over time. I dont intend to flip them or sell them soon so buy it now. Its better than say Enron stock or buying a new car.