View Single Post

Old 03-29-2011, 05:10 PM
Absent Comrade

Liked 49 Times in 30 Posts
Talking

[QUOTE=M3Stuart;135893835]
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman45 View Post
Sorry but I disagree with those saying this could have happened with any other type gun. The next time I am in the local briefing room of an area PD I will take some photos. There have been several unintentional discharges that left marks in the floor, all from Glocks.

My experience (full disclosure: I was told these stories and was not physically present); I know several LEOs all of which were issued Glocks at one time or another. Some love them, some hate them...BUT, every LEO I've ever met has told me that Glocks will absolutely discharge if dropped, bumped, handled wrong or whatever. One LEO I know was in a bar in D.C. when he dropped his. He said it went off 3 times before it quit bouncing. Personally, I won't own one.
Sorry in advance, and nothing personal, but I must call BS on this one, ESPECIALLY the one "going off" three times. Sounds like the cop had one or ten too many and hallucinated the warehouse scene from True Lies! Handled improperly, yes, they will fire. Dropped? Bumped? PUHLEEZE!!