View Single Post

Old 03-29-2011, 07:54 PM
US Veteran

Liked 809 Times in 295 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by perpster View Post
I am in the habit of holstering most handguns, especially Glocks, with my finger BEHIND the trigger to make sure that doesn't happen.
I prefer to keep my finger completely away from the trigger. It would be too easy, in my opinion, to miss the spot and end up w/ the finger forward of the trigger as one holstered the weapon.

I've never had a Glock (or any other weapon) go off if it is left alone. There has to be some degree of operator error in one of these deals.

The holsters that I use are all Blackhawk Serpa CQCs. In order to draw the weapon, one has to extend the trigger finger along the holster and press the little lever. When the weapon comes out, the trigger finger is along the barrel and is no where near the trigger. After several thousand repetitions, it is easy--no more difficult than any learned repetitive motion.

When the weapon is holstered, the trigger is completely covered. No, they are not pretty nor are they real leather. They do, however, function as advertised and securely lock the weapon in the holster. I would not use anything else.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg blackserpa.jpg (7.6 KB, 54 views)