View Single Post

Old 04-02-2011, 01:28 AM

Liked 21 Times in 14 Posts

Alright its been awhile but I finaly got to the range with some 357 loads. I tryed three loads and two prevailed. All rounds where fired in my S&W M&P 340 a 13oz gun with factory hogue boot grips.

first was the LSWHP 158gr with mag primers and 5.8 grains unique. This was a very nice round with almost the same recoil as my 125gr 6.3 grains unique practice round. acurracy at 50 ft was decent (all rounds in the torso of a 50ft 18x24 target) Unfortunatly some freinds wanted to go to the indoor range and it was raining so no chronigraph results yet. I will probably dial this round up to 6 grains of unique next range session and hopfull it will finaly stop raining so i can use the chrony. I am also thinking that I should try this in a 38sp case to get more power out of it when it comes to the chrony test.

Second round showing promise is the 125gr barnes lead free HP with 8.2 grains unique and mag primers. This round has an unfortunate muzzle flash even with unique and the recoil is the stoutest of the two. It acuracy was also acceptable but it does sting the hand a little to fire it at the end of a shooting sesion. I might dial this round down a bit.

Last edited by dan-g; 04-02-2011 at 01:38 AM.