View Single Post

Old 04-03-2011, 08:18 PM

Liked 289 Times in 166 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janitor View Post
Those signs are so misguided at so many levels - anyone here could go on and on about inanimate objects, how someone who means harm won't care about a sign, etc.

As for the officer ... of course he's anti-gun. The misfortune of the police department is that they have to draw from the human race. Cops are like any other civilians. Some of them are gunnies, some aren't.

ETA: No. I'm not anti cop. Quite the opposite actually.
My experience has been MANY Law enforcement officers are NOT anti-gun, just I would rather MOST people NOT have guns as MOST people are viewed as potential problems.

For all the people who claim Law Enforcement supports the 2nd amendment I have yet to meet a cop who hasn't expressed the opinion that when dealing with the public in the professional capacty that they would prefer them to be unarmed!

My brother who worked in law enforcement owns guns, hunts and shoots yet DOES NOT belong to the NRA other than occasional annual subscriptions I bought him states, there are a LOT of people who should not have guns. Life is easier for him when they did not have them. Most the people I have met through him who worked in law enforcement have guns and feel generaly the same way.