View Single Post

Old 04-04-2011, 02:48 AM

Liked 5,243 Times in 2,483 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wil
[...] give me the straight poop, can a python barrel go on a smith 586? all the ones i have seen are on ruger security six, or model 19/66 [...] thanks.
The straight poop is Python barrels have to be rethreaded to install them on S&W K, N and Ruger Security Six frames. Members have posted pictures of revolvers with those three frames wearing Python Barrels. I'd be very supprised if Pythons and L frames had the same thread. Smolts/Smythons and Cougars would probably have to compete against unlimited revolvers in PPC because distinguished revolver class requires all parts except the stocks to be factory. Any PPC champs in S&W land feel free to correct me, but I doubt it could be demonstrated that Python barrels are more accurate than the 1" diameter bull barrels that go on unlimited PPC revolvers or even 586/686 barrels. That leaves the ventaliated rib as the only benifit to justify the expense of rethreading a Python Barrel for an L frame.

Now I have a question for you. If I have a full lug 629 barrel installed on a Ruger Super Redhawk, will it be a Rugwesson or a Smuger?

Gil

Last edited by k22fan; 04-04-2011 at 03:16 PM. Reason: typo