Thread: Would you????
View Single Post

Old 04-04-2011, 06:38 AM

Liked 336 Times in 138 Posts
Default Would you????

Every now and then I get an interesting case that makes me consider what I would do. Yesterday I got one. I pondered for an hour as to what I would have done and still not sure but it would have taken a split second had it happened to me. Now what would you have done?

Situation: Man (59 yrs old) and three adult family members are driving on a two lane State Highway at 55mph in a 55mph zone. Young man (32) came up behind them in a company truck and got on their bumper, then goes around them giving some obsene hand gestures. He then pulls to the right forcing their car off the roadway before speeding off. They call 911 and then as they round a curve, he has the roadway blocked and standing in the roadway with a tire iron in his hand. He yells things about going to kill the man and the man steps from his car to see what the problem is. The man continues to swing the tire iron in an attempt to hit the man in the head. The man grabs a tire iron and a confrontation begins. For some reason, the aggresor jumps in the company truck and tries to run the man down in the highway. He actually hits the man knocking him into a ditch. The bad guy is located and placed in jail under various felony charges.

So how would you have handled it? I lean toward the man brought a tire iron to a shooting.