Thread: Would you????
View Single Post

Old 04-04-2011, 10:59 AM
Absent Comrade

Liked 7,201 Times in 3,064 Posts

I havent read all the replys but it reminded me of my folks 30 years ago. They had came from wisconsin to california to visit us. One night I was at work or something and they went to my churchs prayer meeting. Sounds like dad screwed up in traffic although neither dad or mom knew how. Dad was about 70 + years old driveing a pickup and cab over camper. It was a hot night and all had their windows open. This guy pulled alongside dad swearing at him, got ahead of him in traffic. They came to a stop light, the guy gets out and walks back to dad all the time swearing at dad. Mistake. Dad probley looked like a old harmless rube driveing. Dad was 6ft 5"s and tough. Dad didnt even bother to tell me the story the next day. Mom did. She said dad got out grabbed the guy by the shirt front and picked him straight up off the road with his left. He cocked his ham fist back and just said, "Mister, one more word from you and I will break your nose and released him. The guy ran back to his car.
Dad was a very quite man. He never pushed his weight around or tried to intiminate anyone. Never got rough with me, but to my knowledge never backed down either. Dad would be close to a 100 now, died just under 90.

Last edited by feralmerril; 04-04-2011 at 11:09 AM.