View Single Post

Old 04-04-2011, 05:06 PM

Liked 263 Times in 143 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeB View Post
Doug,
How do you think this might work on the new Sport Version of the M&P 15? It does not come with a dust cover but just wondering if the bolt would move with much more force than a 22 LR of course?

If you think it would work, it would give you another market.

It looks great and would buy one in a split second if you think it would stay on.

Thanks, George
Hey George,
I'd need measurements of the ejection port cover on the sport model. I took a look at some photos of one and it seems the ejection port opening eats into the brass deflector somewhat. I'm not sure if that would end up being an issue. I am kind of confused as to why S&W left both a forward assist and dust cover off of that model .223. I can understand with a .22 but wouldn't the sport model .223 be machined with the same high tolerances as the other M&P15's? In any case, just off the top of my head I am almost thinking you'd be better off using a normal AR dust cover door, since the bolt on the sport has the notch in it. I think where I'd come in, is maybe making a hinge plate for the normal AR door to connect to so you can mount it on your gun.
However, if you like my design, I'll build you one to the dimensions of the ejection port of your gun and you can test it out. I think you might be right about having a market there.
Let me know...