View Single Post

Old 04-05-2011, 11:21 AM

Liked 1,768 Times in 668 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Mark View Post
Greetings, Jack,

The closest thing I've ever seen to it, is the Taurus M415, 5-shot .41 Mag that I bought quite a few years ago. It's about L-frame in size, but has a short barrel, is ported, and also has special "Ribber" grips, as Taurus calls them, to help absorb recoil. It's a snappy little thing to shoot, but does fairly well, actually.

I also have one of the 3" M657 Smiths, and it's a real screamer! Super accurate with Remington's 210 grain JSP load, it will put them in a nice ragged single hole at 25 yards, from a rest, if I do my part! Kicks a mite, with larger slugs, and hotter loads, but this little boomer has never let me down, and with a nice horse-hide holster, it carries very well, indeed. If you buy one, I'm sure you will love it. Shoots Winchester Silvertips very well, too, which is an outstanding self-defense load. Those are my thoughts, anyway, and others may have varying mileage. Good luck in your quest, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
Doc
Thanks for the reply Doc,
If my quest for a S&W fails I will look at that Tarus, I shot my friend`s Tarus Raging Bull last week and I was surprised at how good it was.
But I am a gun snob - I`m sure you know my type- S&W, Colt, Ruger, Kimber, Walther: in that order, but I`m 66 years old and have finally gotten a semi open mind, so I`ll look at other brands.