View Single Post

Old 04-07-2011, 01:23 PM
US Veteran
Absent Comrade

Liked 5,261 Times in 1,885 Posts
Default Where do you clean your guns?

Where do you guys clean your guns? Until now, I have been cleaning mine at the kitchen table...but, since we just got a very nice, brand new kitchen table (wood) and a new hardwood floor, my wife is concerned (and with some justification, since I have been known to spill and drop things.) For now, I'm putting down a drop cloth on the floor, and a plastic bag covered with a towel on the table...but still, the wife gets that frown on her face.

We have a covered, screened-in back porch with chairs and a table...that will be nice for the spring and fall. Not so much in the depths of winter or the 100 degree summer. Likewise, the garage and shop...neither of which are air conditioned or heated. I do have a study, but it is carpeted, and I don't like that idea myself...like I said, I have been known to spill, even I admit that.

So, just looking for suggestions from those who have wives who value furniture and floors over handguns! Maybe I just need to bite the bullet and put in heat/ac in the shop, and cable TV, a refrigerator, and a bathroom. Of course, then my wife may never see me again!