View Single Post

Old 04-08-2011, 05:14 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Bodyguard 380 Laser button fix

I just got my BG380 a couple days ago. (An early birthday present from the wife.) I did the button fix and now its a night and day difference to activate the laser. I know a couple guys that have a BG and the laser has been their chief complaint. I told them about the fix, so I hope it works for them too. It only took me about 10 minutes to complete. I used the q-tip route vs the pen insert. I also used thin plastic and punched a couple disks out with a paper hole punch, to act as a buffer between the foil pad and the button. It took up some of the gap and protects the laser unit. I just used clear tape and taped the disks over the foil pads. Its all removeable so it should not void any warrantees.

Now I just need to find some pratice ammo, and shoot the hell out of it. I was able to find some Hornady CD FTX ammo for it, so I can use it as my back-up gun at work. But pratice FMJ ammo is hard to find in my neck of the woods. I hope to put a couple hundred rounds though it before I use it for work.