View Single Post

Old 04-10-2011, 08:15 PM

Liked 94 Times in 22 Posts

I got my pistol back from SA last week. The paperwork that came back with it says

POLISHED FEED RAMP, REAMED BARREL, RANGE TESTED -- SENDING TARGET PISTOL SHOOTS WITHIN FACTORY SPEC

MY buddy and I shot today at 20 yards and got the results in the picture. The ten round group had a couple of called flyers. Setting aside the flyers, it's pretty good. The five round group had no flyers and we were afraid to chance any, so we stopped at 5 shots.

I used Hornady TMJ-RN bullets over 4.8g HP-38 powder, and I think that will be my load until I get some lead bullets from Tn Valley.

SA's customer service people insisted that they did nothing but address the jamming issue by working on the feed ramp and "reaming the barrel". Their test target had a 5 shot group that would have fit on a cigarette pack laying on its side (about like the 7 shot cluster on the pictured target). They also insist that their accuracy spec is 3-1/2" @ 25 yards for 5 shots.

I sent the pistol in clean as a whistle and got it back dirty, so I know they shot it. I can also see some slight recontouring of the feed ramp, but I can't see anything done to the barrel. The good news is that it shoots much better!

I have a co-worker who has offered to pay me what O paid for it. Should I sell it or keep it?

Rawhyde

Range_Officer_Target_after_service_lores.jpg