View Single Post

Old 04-12-2011, 12:32 AM

Liked 94 Times in 22 Posts

I am happy with how the gun shoots now. I wish it had done this well when I took it out of the box, but occasionally things don't work out perfectly...

My buddy's gun shot great and mine shot breakfast plate sized groups (3 different shooters and 4 types of ammo). I was a little disappointed, but sometimes a bad one gets through the system and I figured they'd make it right.

What upset me, and maybe I'm off base here, is that they advertise this model as being competition ready. When I called up to get an RMA number and described the problem, they told me that my accuracy expectations were unreasonable. When I asked for the spec, I learned that they consider a 3-1/2" group acceptable, I was flabbergasted. That's not what I consider to be "competition ready", or a "target gun". Les Baer discloses their accuracy spec (3" @ 50 yards, or 1-1/2" @ 50 yards with the optional accuracy package). I think they should disclose their spec in their advertising and catalogs especially if they're going to tell a customer that his expectations are unreasonable.

I got a defective gun. (That's ok, these things happen.) They fixed it. (That's great!) My heartburn is with them telling me that my expectations were unreasonable when it'd be very easy for them to publish their accuracy spec along with length, width, weight, and other specifications. Disclosing that info would allow customers to make a more informed decision about whether to buy.

I'm really not trying to rant here. They did do a good job fixing my pistol, and I am appreciative of that. Just a little bit of diplomacy on their part would have made a huge impact on the situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowart View Post
I'm not sure exactly what you are complaining about - Les Baer guarantees about twice this level of accuracy, but they charge more than twice as much for the gun. ($1900 to $2300). You get what you pay for. You didn't pay for better than what you got - and that 5 shot group indicates that you may have a gun that shoots quite a bit better than the SA standard.