View Single Post

Old 04-13-2011, 05:03 PM

Liked 26 Times in 10 Posts

After reading the great reviews on this site, I ordered a reinforced top version for my S&W 325 Night Guard. It's hard to find holsters for that one! I have a VMII on order, but that won't be here for another 2-3 months.

I saw a holster sized for the 325 on the Remora website. I ordered the holster on a Thursday and had it the following Tuesday. It is a very clunky looking holster. The reinforcement adds a band of metal that probably makes it clunkier than the non-reinforced ones on shown on this thread. I have been using it for about 3 weeks, and it works great. I finally tried it on a 3 mile walk and I had no movement whatsoever. I am not sure I would use it hiking in the mountains, and that experiment, if ever conducted, will have to wait. If I use it doing deskwork for hours, it will move slightly after repeatedly changing from standing to sitting, but so does just about any other holster. Concealability with a polo shirt is the same, if not better, than my SP101 in a VMII because of the absence of straps. Printing did not seem different than with the SP101, and the 325 is an N frame! Now, I do know this gun is on my hip even though it weighs the same as the Ruger. This could be partially the result of the reinforcement band that goes most of the way down the holster. Until I get my VMII, I won't know how much of it is a function of the gun and how much of it is a function of the holster. That evaluation will have to wait until July, because I am not canceling my VMII order just because I bought this holster.

The reinforcement is fine for taking the gun out for short periods, but (at least with an N frame) will collapse slightly if you wait more than a few minutes before reholstering, and you will have to use a slight bit of force to reinsert the gun when the cylinder hits the band. (Don't know about semi-autos.) It may be better for "carry a lot but use little" carriers.

Anyway, this a really great holster at an incredible price, and I appreciate all the input on this forum. I posted a favorable review on another forum I frequent, so we'll see what happens to delivery times.

Thanks again to all.