View Single Post

Old 04-15-2011, 10:43 AM

Liked 6,299 Times in 2,337 Posts

Been firing CCI Blazer aluminum cased ammo in a variety of calibers ever since they brought it to market. This is the first I've ever read of a problem with such ammo. Has anyone contacted CCI for information or possibly instructions for replacement of potentially defective ammo? Has anyone sent their handguns to the manufacturer for evaluation to see if there is some problem with the weapon. I make the above suggestion based on experience. A shooting buddy had a Bushmaster AR-15 that had "problems" with Winchester Q3131 5.56mm ammo. The rounds fired perfectly in my rifle (COLT Hbar). Bushmaster found no problems with the rifle. Winchester evaluated the remain rounds of the lot. They never told us what they found. They did replace all the ammo in that lot and paid for the shipping of the ammo and the shipping of the rifle to and from Bushmaster. Thought it was odd that the ammo gave no problems in my rifle. But the ammo did show signs of high pressure in his rifle. Just a suggestion. Sincerely. bruce.