View Single Post

Old 04-18-2011, 09:43 AM

Liked 20,623 Times in 5,958 Posts

Sound Suppressor: I prefer to shoot without hearing protection. I chose a dedicated rimfire can because of the lighter weight than a .223 can.

MBUS: Light weight (factory sights weighed about a half pound).

MicroDot: Small and Light. Positioned on the receiver where Aimpoint and LaRue puts em . I chose a 1x red dot for this rifle because I like to bounce cans around and shoot with both eyes open.

AFG: I initially purchased the AFG because I just wanted to try it. I found the angle to be more comfortable for me than a broomstick or gripping the handguard. The AFG puts my thumb high on the handguard which I like and I think I have more control with a high thumb position. It also works well for a tape switch to be positioned in the channel between the 9 and 12 rail. I positioned the AFG more rearward to be less fatiguing during long shooting sessions than when positioned far forward. The AFG is in the "Theory Based Products" section at Magpul.

Hogue grip: Perfect fit.

That's how this amateur does it, PigTooth, let's see your rifle and explanation.

oh... almost forgot... the band on the mag is from a can of LaRue Index Clips. No reason... it was just laying there on my desk... well... ya know.

Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 04-18-2011 at 03:38 PM.