View Single Post

Old 04-28-2011, 10:23 AM

Liked 6,774 Times in 1,312 Posts
Default So what else do you collect?

So what else do you have that you collect? I remember as a kid collecting Matchbox Cars. I wish my parents had kept them considering what some are worth. I had hundreds of cars. I got an allowance of $3 a week for helping out, and since they were cheap, I would usually get three cars or at least one. Birthdays, Christmas was filled with tons of these things. I had all the cases and an wooden packing crate filled with those cars.
I have a few cars now, but they are bigger and have more significance. I have a couple of S & W cars, but a few more. I have a 1/24 Crown Vic that was our first formal transport car (we had three) with our department, the new ones are blue and I am some day going to have one of those done. The white diplomat is identical to the car my father had growing up in Rouses Point, NY. The department was so laid back that I remember going with him to get the car, and watching him put the decal, just a simple seal, on each side of the car in our driveway. it was like Mayberry, I remember during the summer going with him on calls, not that we had alot, but I remember a couple of really good brush fires. Can you imagine doing that now? I was only 6-7 years old! In the middle case are a couple of my older cars. The red Thunderbird is very special, its the only car of my original collection I still have, it was given to me by my grandfather at my birthday when I was only around 6 if I remember right. The Ford Bulletnose is my favorite car. The #40 car is a gift for my son, along with the black Studebaker to get him started with.