View Single Post

Old 05-04-2011, 08:58 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 20,694 Times in 8,635 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Combat View Post
The knob was probably knurled instead of fluted, I didn't have my "up close" glasses with me so small details are hard to see. Just more of the fun of pushing 50.Anyhow, he had it priced at $499.00 and I thought that was mighty pricey. He said he would entertain any reasonable offer but I was afraid I might hurt his feelings so I passed. I'll go back at some future date and if he still has it we'll see what his definition of reasonable is. It looked to be all factory to me, it was just different than what I've seen. But, The more I hang around here the more I learn, it's a never ending process it seems.
Yeah that's high, at least around here. I would say something like; "I don't want to insult you. How much room do you have to move?" Being a pawn shop, he probably only has something like $200 in it. The Blue Book values it, a 32 HE 3rd Model, 1917-1942 in 98% at $650. Then it says add 50% for a pre war which is erroneous. Any gun in the category 1917-1942 is a pre war!! Lot'sa confusion and mis-statements in the Blue Book about these S&Ws! And it doesn't take into consideration geographical differences or the state of the economy. I'd grab it at $450.
S&WCA #819
The Following User Likes This Post: