View Single Post

Old 05-10-2011, 12:55 AM

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Just by way of update, my Sigma most certainly chokes on the 115grJHP WinWhite....the bullets don't even begin to feed, as if they hit a brick wall and the slide stops solid, can easily drop mag with jammed round still inside feed lips, extractor nowhere close to being engaged...a few successful rounds leaves a small round blob of lead low and centered in the ramp....for THIS gun it is a bullet design problem, as the HP edge is trying to bite into the ramp, needs a bit more rounding to ogive or more length....zero other problems with any other ammo including the above cited 147grJHP from same....other guns might like this stuff just as well, but not THIS one for sure.....

I'll have to admit a bit of unease about all the recommendations about $20/20rds ammo....you can buy everytghing you need to load ammo (minus components) for $50 if you can settle for 1bx/hr, and even the boutique bullets can be loaded for not NEAR what these half boxes are going for....just adding this as the more of that stuff that gets bought, the more likely it becomes it will be all that is available....ammo companies and stock holders know a good profit margin when they see one.

As for +p or +p+, actual gains are pretty marginal for all the extra pressure and beating the gun takes, and last i heard, there was no SAAMI spec for +p+, so makers are winging it with YOUR gun.

Last edited by mtngunr; 05-10-2011 at 01:05 AM.