View Single Post

Old 05-10-2011, 03:22 PM

Liked 27 Times in 20 Posts

That is the point. Norma 240 gr. Power Cavity steel jacketed rounds do have a velocity of 1400+ ft./sec. There is your "or so, feet per second". They have a gilded copper wash on them, to protect the bore. Steel holds together better than a copper jacket, for deeper penetration. Something that I would think would be a good thing, when something large, furry, and mean decides to eat you.

I don't think anyone in their right mind would be going out to shoot 50 or 100 of those rounds anymore. Let alone out of a 329PD. They are just short of collector status. I have shot 2, out of my 329PD. They will definitely dot your i's and cross your t's. As I stated before, the recoil is horrendous.

If you read my previous post, I mentioned they were 2nd speedloader backup. That means, there is 12 rounds of 240 gr. Laser hardcast bullets, loaded up to a bit over 1200 ft./sec. before I go dropping a tactical nuke. When those go out the barrel, it will be a last resort situation. It will be when a serious incident just got real fatal.

Yes, Smith is eating the bill on these. Look on their website for the 329PD. Its says the "strongest" .44 magnum. The frame has been changed on mine. All on S&W, and it was for an internal lock, that didn't work properly. The internal lock is disabled now. My choice, and my responsibility, too.

As for the grips, they should be sued for what they put in the box. Ahrends are pretty. Yeah, pretty dangerous on this weapon. The rubber Hogue's with an open backstrap, is just rubbing your nose in it. I can and have done the Ahrends with my 240's, and Past recoil gloves, but, it still wasn't pleasant.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: