View Single Post

Old 05-11-2011, 12:06 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Snoguy:

First, when a manufacturer releases a product that does not function properly, that manufacturer has not followed due diligence and has shown open disregard for the purchasing public. When that product is potentially lethal, the manufacturer has demonstrated patent disregard.
If you are not aware of any problems with the BG380, you haven't read the posts: Unintended disassembly? Not a problem? Inoperable triggers? Not a problem? Surprise magazine drops? Not a problem?
Inoperable lasers? Not a problem? What in your estimation constitutes a problem; blasted barrels and injured shooters? I manufacture industrial equipment and feel that there is no excuse for anything less than, "absolutely right, the first time".

In answer to your question: I do in fact sadly own a BG380. I bought it and an LCP on the same day. I have had no problems with the LCP. The BG380, however has spontaneously disassembled in my hand, at the
range (imagine my embarrassment!). Hopefully, SW will, in the next month, or so be replacing my laser for the THIRD time. No problem though, with the apparent lust for this fine specimen of American craftsmanship, I'll be able to dump it rather easily: Gresham's Law, you know.

Further, I currently own a Browning 9mm Parabellum, a Colt Python, and a Walther PPK. When the BG380 started its series of failures, I bought a
Colt 1911, 45. After shooting nearly 1,000 rounds through the 1911, guess what? Perfect performance. Colt gets it right, first time!

Snoguy, I am not, by nature, "a basher", as you suggest. I do however, have high standards, and bought a SW expecting a quality that would be commensurate with their legacy. I am disappointed with a clearly inferior product and feel compelled to call them out for shoddy performance.

No insult or injured feeling intended.

Pax,
PW