View Single Post

Old 05-13-2011, 11:07 AM

Liked 444 Times in 134 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NA225 View Post
Adam 12 was a great influence on my choice of a law enforcement career. I carried a 4 inch model 19-3 that my dad purchased new in 1967 (my dept did not issue weapons) 26 years ago at the academy and for some time afterward. I shot many a HBWC through it and never felt under gunned. It is in my safe right now, but there is no doubt it could still take care of business. I too am enjoying Adam 12 on dvd. Boy I miss the good ol days.
My first year on the street we didn't have hand held radio's, went Code 6 and you were off the air in someones house, you cruised by locations to make sure coppers were ok, laid the mike out the window on traffic stops. Had Adam 12 cars for the first two years, coffee can lights facing forward and rear....

Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpage View Post
I don't mean to jack this thread, but figured some LAPD guys (Mike) out there might know if the Ithaca "LAPD specials" had sling loops and slings ? I just bought one, it has the factory studs but no loops. Also, were they stamped with property markings ? Thank You

Sling loop screwed into the barrel lug and it had a stud in the stock. No markings but there was a brass circle with numbers that was nailed to the pistol grip.

Mike

I've been looking for one also...

Last edited by Mike Grasso; 05-13-2011 at 11:16 AM.
The Following User Likes This Post: