View Single Post

Old 05-14-2011, 12:05 AM

Liked 12,731 Times in 2,419 Posts
Default Nickel Model 10-5 and Carved Holster

I posted some weeks back about a 4-screw snub nose M&P with an interesting old holster.
Model 10 (no dash) with Neat Old Holster

I mentioned that I had gone to the store to look at a nickel Model 10-5. I bought the older M&P and put the -5 on layaway. I got the revolver out of hock a couple of weeks later and took it home and stuck it in the safe, not really paying any attention to it. I was working a couple of deals at the time. I finally got the gun out earlier this week and started working on it with Flitz. Wow!! I had no idea what good shape the old girl was in. It has definitely been fired, but not much. I haven't figured out how to take good pictures of a nickel gun, but this is what I have.

It has absolutely no dull or cloudy spots on the finish. The only little flaw I can find is a faint outline of the magna grip panel on the left side.

For some reason, I decided a few weeks back that I "needed" one of Ray Cory's fine hand carved Threepersons holsters for a 4" K frame, so I sent him an email to that effect. That holster came in today's mail and again, Wow!! Looks like it was made for the Model-10.