View Single Post

Old 05-17-2011, 03:52 PM

Liked 9,109 Times in 2,608 Posts

Quote:
This is not a good question to ask here because many active posters feel that no Sigma should ever be modified in any way.
That's a little obnoxious, as it's not what's going on.

Quote:
The $0.25 Glock trigger job is almost legendary.
Which involves smoothing surfaces. I pulled my SW9VE down and did this (it didn't need it hardly at all) before I even shot it. Switching out parts, though, is another thing.

Unlike the situation you mention with 1911s and revolvers, there is hardly a thriving industry dedicated to replacement Sigma parts. And, I wonder how many of those "My 1911 isn't working" complaints can be traced to amateur part-switching. And I've certainly watched my share of fools light-strike with their revolvers after switching to the wrong spring weight.

But that's fine if you're just using your 1911 or revolver at the range. The Sigma isn't designed to be a target gun - it's pretty much just a defensive gun. If you want a target gun, I'd assume you would have bought a pistol better suited for that task - you're not going to turn your Chevy pickumup into much of a dragster, no matter how many parts you switch out. But you might well render it unsuitable for its original use by doing so.

As I said supra, if you know more than the engineers, have at it, amigo. Perhaps you do.

I don't.

Last edited by Erich; 05-17-2011 at 03:55 PM.