View Single Post

Old 05-17-2011, 06:15 PM

Liked 150 Times in 88 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngunr View Post
It seems, though, that it is incorrect to state the only way pull can be lightened is by lightening the striker. I seriously doubt there is a mass-hallucination going on when people remove springs from sear assy and report VASTLY lighter pulls as you are reducing the TOTAL pull of sear assy PLUS striker.....
If you remove or lighten any of the springs in the sear assembly you are still left with the heavy striker spring. If you have 2 springs which are mechanically linked (one is 2lbs the other is 10lbs) and remove or lighten the smaller spring you are still left with the weight of the heavier spring.

Not to call anyone a liar, but I think the claims of a lighter trigger after removing the pig-tail spring and/or removing or replacing one of the two springs in the sear assembly is a bit of an exaggeration to justify the time spent.

It is simple not possible to reduce the weight of the trigger as some have stated without modifying the striker spring. I guess you could file away at the sear to make it break early but that would only hurt the reliability.

It just worries me that so many are modifying their Sigma without truly knowing what they are doing. A Youtube search will show this to be true.

Not trying to argue I just cant understand why someone would put a spring from a pen or a mechanical pencil in their firearm