View Single Post

Old 05-17-2011, 11:01 PM

Liked 150 Times in 88 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngunr View Post
A better use of logic would be to admit the people reporting a lightened pull are not insane nor are they lying, and to look at what is happening and to seek to understand it.
Id love to see someone put a gauge on a sigma with stock striker spring that has one or more of the sear trigger springs removed.

I have removed the outer as well as the pig-tail spring and felt no difference at all. No matter what you do to the sear assembly the striker must be pulled back. The weight of the striker is regulated by the striker spring not the sear.

My concern is about all these people wanting to lighten up the trigger, especially first time handgun owners, this gun was designed to be a service weapon, NOT a target pistol. It was not designed to be shot for hours on end.

When you modify a gun away from spec, don't be surprised when you don't get the satisfactory results. Even Wolff tells you, "Warning: For competition use only - not for duty use." That should be a major tipoff! In other words, if you fall off that rock and break your leg, don't come running to me!

Don't get me wrong, I can certainly appreciate the appeal of a genuine Smith & Wesson pistol for $300.00, but don't make it into something it is not. This gun has been out for awhile and there are plenty of reviews out there so there is no excuse for not knowing what you are getting into. The trigger pull issue is well known, but yet, you (whoever you are) bought one anyway!

OK, so lets assume you knew nothing about the gun before you bought it, why would you keep it if you found it tiresome to use because of the trigger pull? I understand that you own it and now you want to try and make it work better. I get that. With this mod, however, you are not necessarily making the pistol better. If you are lucky and shoot the right ammo, you will have a much more comfortable gun to fire, but don't come back here complaining about misfires.

Last edited by cbr6864; 05-17-2011 at 11:13 PM.