View Single Post

Old 05-18-2011, 09:01 AM

Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

mtngunr and leejack, both excellent perspectives on what this gun is and is not. For me this is a "truck gun" and is the only polymer-framed semi-auto that I own. If someone breaks into my car and steals my SW40VE, I'll just get another, or maybe a 40SD because I like the standard tritium night sight for this purpose.

For 9mm fun and cheap target shooting I have a CZ 75B, possibly the most used M&P pistol in the world. For even cheaper target shooting I have a Buckmark .22 target with rosewood grips that I love and my wife also likes to shoot. For pocket CC I have a small old Colt .380 Mustang (although I'm seriously considering the new Kimber Solo 9mm, but you have to get on a waiting list for that one.)

For HD I have a Rem 870 Mag Express, that ain't exactly loaded with sofa pillows, parked about 10 feet from where I sleep.

So, to the original poster, noguirre, I agree with the above-mentioned posters. This is a SD weapon with an incredible reliability record. If you want a gun for other purposes, you're just gonna have to get another gun.

Which, I think most of the folks on this thread would say, isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Enjoy!

Last edited by Zebra365; 05-18-2011 at 09:10 AM.