View Single Post

Old 05-18-2011, 10:57 PM

Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts
Default 627 PC V-comp doesn't feel right

I know everyone is going to say "Send it back!" and I probably will, but I want to shoot it at least once first to see if there are other problems.

I bought the two-tone, current production 627 5" V-Comp Performance Center, and although the gun is beautiful, there are problems. The trigger feels heavier than other non-PC revolvers I own, and it also feels somewhat odd. I know it is an 8 shot rather than 6, so that may account for some of the difference, but it does not seem like a "PC trigger." I recently also acquired the 629 PC V-comp and that has an amazing trigger, which brought a smile of wonder the first time I dry fired it. This revolver's trigger would seem off on any gun, but seems ****** after feeling the smooth, light trigger on the 629. The SA pull was fine, but in DA something is not right.

Next problem is that when you push the latch and try to swing out the cylinder, it doesn't want to come out. It sticks a bit, and you need to use a little more force than usual to get it to unlock. I oiled the gun and looked for obvious problems, but I don't see anything. I have compared this to all my other S&W revolvers and something clearly isn't right here.

So, both the trigger and the cylinder release seem off. Is there anything I can do, besides shooting it and sending it back, to figure out what is wrong? I don't like buying guns sight unseen, but these are tough items to find, and local shops did not have them.

Any ideas? Am I describing the problem adequately when I speak to S&W reps on the phone? Also, any advice on which smith to ask for in the Performance Center to try and make this gun right. I am as disappointed in this gun as I was pleased by the other PC revolver.