View Single Post

Old 05-19-2011, 06:23 PM

Liked 150 Times in 88 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlk18 View Post
The OP bought a Sigma and came here because he is obviously concerned about the heavy trigger pull. He was looking for a solution and if there were any known (and proven) potential issues. I am pretty sure he was not concerned with keeping the original idea behind the gun intact.
He also stated this was his first handgun, so id assume he is not a gunsmith. Best case he files the sear down a little removes some springs and the gun works but now you have voided the warranty.

I still stand by my original statement that you will still be left with a heavy trigger because of the striker spring, its a DAO the trigger will be heavy. A easy way to show this is with a factory Sigma (empty of course) rack the slide back to engage the striker and pull the trigger, notice the weight. Now without racking the slide pull the trigger again, what you feel now is only the weight of the springs in the sear assembly not the striker.

I just can't understand why people buy a DAO pistol then complain about the weight of the trigger. For about the same price you can get a DA/SA.

Last edited by cbr6864; 05-19-2011 at 10:42 PM.