View Single Post

Old 05-19-2011, 11:29 PM

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlk18 View Post
This is not a good question to ask here because many active posters feel that no Sigma should ever be modified in any way.......... But for some reason in the world of the Sigma it is utterly taboo.
I would say those comments implied a certain amount of whatever it is you are denying, and it seems other respondents took it that way too....i certainly stated my reasons in what i thought was a coherent manner.

and i hope my response showed to the original poster the inadvisability of "fixing" the heavy trigger for SAFETY reasons, and not unlikely ayoobism lawsuit fear nor in compromising reliability, which may or may not be an issue to the original questioner,... and totally concurred that light modification, such as polishing parts for smoother operation was a no-harm-no-foul...

in short, using my post for an example of whatever it is you feel is wrong with advise to leave well enough alone, was a poor one to use for an example....as poor an example as using 1911's with manual safeties as a green light to modify the trigger on a safetyless gun, likewise the DA revolvers which can not be lightened to near the degree as the Sigma and the gun still fire...and safety is not an opinion...it is a fact.

and as a PS, i would be giving this exact same advise were he inquiring about a Glock, M&P, whatever...it's just so happens the Sigma is safer out of the box than any of those best sellers, due to the trigger he wants to "fix" as if it were defective.

Last edited by mtngunr; 05-20-2011 at 01:23 AM.