View Single Post

Old 05-21-2011, 09:01 PM

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garpo View Post
mtngunr, thanks for the advise. So, it’s the nature of the beast, one stiff spring. Just don’t understand why it has to be so darn hard. My Glock extractor spring is a pussy cat compared to the Sigma‘s. Hmm, now I'm thinking.

Yup, I should have left well enough alone because all the slide innards were pretty clean for a used gun. That’s what I get for being a clean freak!
Nah, on a lot of guns, you pretty much SHOULD check that every couple hundred rounds to see what's going on in there, as a passageway packed with crud will sho'nuff mess with extraction.....after 400rds, i just had to look....it was a waste of time....but had cleaned several times in between first shot and checking.....go for a marathon torture test, and a lot of stuff WILL migrate into both extractor and striker passages, simply because it has not many other options...so you were right to look, no idea what you'd find....just make sure you have the sleeves and cups in order....i took mine down using a Glock armorer's manual, so i expect you are doing that....it's my first drastic plastic, so don't rate me THE word on what your problem is, for sure...