View Single Post

Old 05-23-2011, 12:17 AM

Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbr6864 View Post
Dont know if he still does it or not but everyone use to send their sigma under warranty to this guy, there is no free trigger job. If your sigma trigger is excessively gritty or doesnt break correctly send it on in.

LSG Manufacturing
Ask for Frank Smith
10059 Hwy 1476
Comanche, TX 76442
(325) 885-2700
[email protected]
LSG, Mfg|Gun Parts|Warranty|Gunsmithing
This post is not intended to disparage Mr. Smith. Last year, after owning a SW40VE for a year and being unhappy with the grittiness of the trigger and the heavy pull, I contacted Mr. Smith and made arrangements to have him check my gun.

I had run about 200 rounds through it which, in my experience, usually is an adequate "break-in". The trigger had improved slightly but not adequately.

Well, a copy of my invoice is attached (there was no charge).

As you can see, "GRITTY, HEAVY TRIGGER PULL, TRIGGER SLACK" are cited as my complaint.

The handwriting is faint but reads, "Replace sear housing Test fire 10 rounds."

When I got the gun back, it was more gritty than when I sent it in. I had a new sear to break in. I think Mr. Smith did what a warranty gunsmith can be expected to do.

So I took it in my own hands, took the sear block out, removed the striker, and did the smoothing and polishing which I have described elsewhere.

My point is that, if you pull the trigger and it goes "Bang", then, in my experience, S&W figures it is working.

If you want to smooth out the trigger (and take several pounds off the pull weight) then I suggest you check with a local range for a referral to a private gunsmith and ask if he will do the things that I have described elsewhere. {See post #19 on this thread} You will wind up with all of the original springs intact.

It should not be too expensive and I think you will be pleased with the result. But I would not expect S&W to do this for you as part of the warranty.

BTW, Academy Sports in Dallas advertises the Sigma VE, both 9mm and .40, for $280 today. I keep this gun in the car loaded with Winchester 180gr PDX1 JHPs. I'm not going to put a $1,200 Kimber Custom in the car and have it stolen.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 11 05-22 LSG invoice.jpg (55.4 KB, 93 views)

Last edited by Zebra365; 05-28-2011 at 06:19 AM.