View Single Post

Old 05-23-2011, 12:44 AM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Bought my BG 380 today, have a snub 38 and S&W MP 9 as my other weapons of choice for carry as well. I was checking out the BG380 at a online store, then I read this forum before going to the store and had actually crossed it off my list of pistols to choose from after reading this thread, S&W has never failed me with my MP9, it even saved me once, so I was disappointed to say the least reading some of these post. I got to the store and looked at some other brands and the clerk offered me this one as well to check out. This was a beauty, good price and laser as well. Just couldnt say no.. it fit everything I was looking for in a small concealed carry. I'm ex miltary (Infantry) and a firm believer that if you hit where you aim.. the target will drop, this caliber is enough to get the job done for my needs. The clerk broke it down, oiled it, reassembled it with some trouble (but we figured it out pretty quick with the takedown pin, just needed to move the slide a little more than the manual says.. no big deal). They have an indoor range so set it up to shoot, was concerned about the laser from what I read here. So was expecting a challenge to say the least. Loading was easy, the laser turned on easy but when I first squeezed the trigger the gun didnt shoot and the trigger pull was horrendous before it finally fired, so my first 3 shots were way off mark. So time to think outside the box, my first concern was the trigger, seems the thick meaty part of my finger was actually hindering the trigger pull, I was trying to shoot it like it was a bigger pistol, So on my next 3 rounds I used the end of my finger and all 3 shots were dead center bulls eye. The laser was set perfect out of the box for 7yrds, I then put it out approx 15 yrds and it shot a tad low. I brought it in to 10 yrds and 3 shots were dead center again. What I also learned is that if you squeeze slowly (not pulling) the trigger actually eases up and I had another 3 rounds dead center. I then shot without the laser and was just a tad low but all shots were still lethal groups. Once I got over the initial orientation this pistol was fun to shoot, put a whole box of ammo (50) through it, was using Atlanta Arms & Ammo 95 gr TCJ. Not one jam or misfire. Will be back on the range on Wed to shoot some more.
Overall I really like this gun, The good- price, manual safety, it fits well in the palm of the hand, laser sight, easy to load, easy to conceal. Can it be better? yes the trigger pull could be lighter, the disassembly/reassembly could be easier but again its a small pistol and with time and practice it will get easier, same goes for the trigger, turning off the laser is actually more difficult than turning it on. Practice, practice, practice makes perfect. S&W hasn't failed me yet and i believe this one is a keeper if it continues to perform!
The Following User Likes This Post: