View Single Post

Old 05-25-2011, 10:46 AM

Liked 21 Times in 9 Posts

dnater,

Boy, Cheshire & Perez brings back memories! I made many trips to C&P between 1977 and 1979. We probably know each other. Kerry Freeman did the trigger on my PPC gun, duty Model 19 and my Model 57 that ended up as my duty gun when we got a Sheriff who was a "gun person", while we talked at his bench. Kerry hand picked my Model 57 from the Ventura PD turn-in guns and put a 6" barrel on it for me. His brother, Bill, worked there before he moved to Northern Idaho. What ever happened to Angie? She was a sweetheart and a pleasure to deal with. Danny Woo was Kerry's equal when it came to triggers, too. Jerry Perbaugh fixed the choke on my personal shotgun for me. I miss that place............

When I made Sergeant, Henry picked out a 2 1/2" Model 66 and sold to me at his price as congratulations for getting promoted. They were rare as hen's teeth at the time. I've also still got some of the Peters Blue Magic shotgun hulls that Chuck gave me from his trap shooting......... I also still have the Model 39-2 that Henry picked out for me from the Santa Barbara PD turn-ins that looked brand new.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but there were just too many good memories there.......

Fred
The Following 2 Users Like Post: