View Single Post

Old 05-26-2011, 09:33 PM

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thumbs up Model 66 with trigger stop

Newby to forum, first post. Just started shooting again after stroke few years ago, and had to get something smaller than Model 29-44mag. that i punched holes in paper with and the occassional whitetail. Stroke afffected right arm/hand, too week to handle the big gun. I digress. Just bought Mod. 66-4".
Mint condition, also has trigger stop, pinned barrell, recessed cylinder head. I shot before purchasing as did my friend (not who I bought revolver from) who is a retired Police Officer and very good with a wheelgun. He shot quite well witth the gun using Hornady 158 gr. jacketed H. P.-38 spcl cartridges. I not as well but has been 3 years since I have fired a round through any pistol. He didn't know age of revolver, but said it was one of the good ones and he use to carry as his service revolver. Said I could call Smith/Wesson pay them $35-$50, give them serial # on butt and they would tell me production date. Also is book available, but it costly also. My question. Could anyone reading this tell me production date of this revolver, on butt is 35K2162. Thanks for reading an Old man's ramblings, I appreciate.