View Single Post

Old 06-02-2011, 12:25 AM

Liked 347 Times in 119 Posts

all I can say is that mine is reliable. I keep it clean and lubricated. It has had one ftf in over 1,000 rounds and that with a reload I bought at a gun show. it easts Fiocchi, WWB, Sellier and Bellot, PMC, American Eagle, Pwrball and I even shot a box of Blazer aluminum casings without a hitch. Trigger pull? I have to tell you folks who think its a hard trigger that you must have weak fingers or your so used to something that goes bang just by looking at it. Maybe you have never fired a double action revolver. whatever bad rep the gun got when it first came out is long in the past. the 9VE I own (now two of them) are flawless. I'd have no problem making it a duty gun if I were still on the road even though S&W markets it as home protection and range use. I just went to a CHL instructor course and prior to shooting our course they asked who had Glocks and 1911's. Then someone a DPS officer said that if something was going to misfire it would probably be a Glock or 1911.....What I know about Glocks you have just heard and I havent fired a 1911 since I was in the Army. Mine rattled so much I could not hit the broadside of a tank with it....I just managed to qualify. and I never had a misfire and that gun was in the rain, mud, sand, and ever other place you could mistreat a weapon. so I was a bit surprised to hear about 1911 malfunctions.......Ill let you know when it breaks but up till now its solid, accurate a a pleasure to shoot.