View Single Post

Old 06-02-2011, 08:21 AM

Liked 1,768 Times in 668 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2761377 View Post
this thread could be called 'Colt v. S&W'. the python exhibits everything that is wrong and right with all colts and the same with a 27. except if the question is just about polishing.

colts- always finely fitted, great looking guns. the cylinder turns the right way and they shoot straight. but, my God the DA pull- its part of the program for colt owners when they get to Purgatory. like a ferrari, they need special attention when they break. people have always been proud of their colts, so they are spendy. high maintenance trophy wife.

s&w- about the opposite in almost everything but fit and finish. a little bit less well fit, but way good enough. and they shoot straight. serviceablity paramount. college sweetheart raising your kids.

interesting aside- less than a month ago i was refused a trade of my 4' .22 diamondback for a 17-2 in equivalent condition by a local dealer. he had $750 on the smith and told me that diamondbacks don't sell that well anymore!

robert w.
My Dad taught me to never call a man a liar, but that dealer darn sure sounds like one.