View Single Post

Old 06-02-2011, 12:22 PM

Liked 11 Times in 8 Posts
Default New Merwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadin View Post
Is that the site from the company that was taking orders for the reproductions??????
Yes it is. They are running into more issues than I think they believed they would. They seem to have all the big pieces worked out and are down to the fitting of things like the cylinder pin. That is a very tricky item in that they are making it one piece and threading it very precisely to line up on torquing down. For future replacement etc. it contains the slot for the cylinder hand, plus the extractor ring and it has the cut channel for the barrel to lock, slide down and rotate in. Wow, one piece fitting of that is more than challenging. All bet my Merwin the factory didn't do it that way. In fact if you look under the hammer when drawn back, you will see the screw holding the pin into frame.
Well, they seem to know what they want and after 2 years work, they aren't giving it up.
Montanian or Al Jones has left the company. So has a couple of others in management. Mike Blank, CEO and founder was unhappy about stated delivery times before they were anywhere near ready. I think it nearly sunk the project by promising what could not be delivered.
I really like Al, he's a really smart guy. Who knows when we'll see a new Merwin. Still Mike is committed and I think he's an honest guy also.
10/22.