View Single Post

Old 06-04-2011, 08:15 PM

Liked 130 Times in 76 Posts

Sorry to rain on the parade here, but I recently purchased a 2.5" model 66 with the hopes of using it as a concealed carry gun. Fortunately I decided to give it a try at a local PCCA (Pocket carry competition association) match. What I found, is that the short ejector rod on the 2.5" barrel K frame does not completely eject the empty brass, even when using .38 special ammunition. I realize that statistically many if not most defensive situations are settled with less than the 6 rounds carried in the 19/66, but I for one certainly don't want to be pulling empties from the cylinder before I can reload in a real life situation. Don't get me wrong, I really like this gun, but this issue has me quite concerned. I am considering having the cylinder cut for moonclips which would allow me to remove all 6 empties at once, as well as speeding up the reloading process. Still another option is selling the 2.5" barrel version, and trying to find a reasonably priced 3" version, since they have a full length ejector rod. I suspect probability of that happening is slightly less than none. I might just have to go with a M&P 40C. I am certainly open to any suggestions.