View Single Post

Old 06-08-2011, 02:18 PM

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

I bought a blued CS9 a few weeks ago, after looking for one for a few months.

$425 buy it now on gunbroker.com. Came with box, papers, 2 mags. Other CS9s I'd been looking at were in the $550+ range, and were stainless (I prefer a blued gun).

I also bought a few 3913 mags to use as spare carry and range mags, and swapped the curved baseplate off the CS9 mag for a flat one from a 3913 mag to aid in concealability. I actually like the shorter grip offered with the flat baseplate.

I have since ordered more flat 3913 baseplates from Smith ($3 ea), just received my FIST OWB holster, and am looking for a set of Big Dog grips.

Range time was uneventful. As accurate as my Glock 26, no problems x 200 rounds, comfortable to shoot. I used range ammo (Blazer 115 FMJ) and carry ammo (Hornandy Critical Defense 115).

I only have two complaints:

The Hogue grip catches on everything which isn't so great for a pocket sized gun. It is very comfortable and I like the look of it, though. Normally I buy a Hogue for every gun I carry but in this case I'm going the other way...

When I load a round in the chamber and then strip out the mag to top it off, the next round tends to get shoved forward slightly and causes the mag to stick a bit. You have to "rip" it from the gun. Not sure if this is a common issue but it hasn't affected reliability in any way.

Overall, it's a great little piece, and once I put a thousand rounds or so through it I will probably replace my Glock 26 with it for every day off duty carry.
The Following User Likes This Post: