View Single Post

Old 06-09-2011, 01:35 AM
SWCA Member

Liked 2,209 Times in 367 Posts

*xray97* Just a thought but I wonder if your local FOP would would step up to the plate and provide a member who is a certified firearms instructor to certify your RLEOs. They might not be able to use the LEA's firing range but I'm sure there are public ranges that you could use. It also could generate a little money for them if they wanted to charge a reasonable fee.

I think that's going to have to be the route we take. It doesn't appear that any of the local dept.s are going to help us out. I think we may have trouble getting any currently working range officers to help us either. I suspect their immediate question will be "why won't the dept. qualify you?". After they've heard some vague, non-existent, liability issue from the dept. they'll fear some attached liability on their part.
I hate to sound like an "old timer" but 25 years ago the retired deputies/officers would have been invited to a dept. qualification shoot and the dept. would have placed a sticker or something on the back of our "retired" commission card indicating our qualification every year. It would have been treated as an informal reunion and everybody would have had a good time. I miss those days and that mindset.
SWCA #1917